Electric vehicles are a great way to reduce your reliance on fossil fuels, but have you ever
wanted to take it a step further and charge with solar energy?
The most important place to start is to make sure your solar PV system is the proper size.
- Range of EV
- Battery Capacity of EV (kWh)
- Daily Commute Distance
- Hours of Ideal Sunlight *
Example – Tesla Model 3
- Range: 358 miles
- Battery Capacity: 73.5 kWh
- Daily Commute Distance: 50 miles
- Hours of Ideal Sunlight: 5 Hours
*Most southern states including Florida and Alabama receive about 5 hours of ideal sunlight each day.